The ASEAN MY World 2030 Advocacy Programme is series of comprehensive advocacy activities led by the UN SDG Action Campaign, the UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub and UNV Asia-Pacific across ASEAN countries aiming to advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promote citizen engagement and data collection activities among young people in the region.
A group of 26 talented young ASEAN advocates were selected to join the Advocacy Programme and have become agents of change in their community, city, region and country. Based on the success of this initiative, the programme will be extended until May 2019, and more advocates will be selected from every country in ASEAN.
Objectives of the Programme
- Raise awareness for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collect citizen data and input using the ASEAN MY World 2030 survey
- Advocate for citizen engagement in the implementation of the SDGs
Responsibilities and Tasks of the Advocates
- Mobilize your community / city / region / country to start taking action for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Collect at least 500 ASEAN MY World 2030 votes and 5 Humans of MY World Stories in your community / city / region / country
- Document your activities: write blogs, take photos and be active on social media
- Organize a handover event with local / regional / national stakeholders – for instance during the Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (27-29 March 2019) and/or the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development (2-4 May 2019)
- Learning and training workshops
- Become part of the SDG Action Network
- Develop real life experience with by becoming an advocate for the SDGs
- Discover where your talent, passion, and the needs of the world intersect
- Join a group of people challenging one another to make something awesome happen
- Receive a certificate of participation
The first part of the programme lasted four months (June-September 2018) and is being extended until May 2019.
The advocates must match the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of ANY of the following ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam
- You must be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals and believe in a world where young people can shape their own future
- You must possess good organizational skills and have the ability to work independently
- You must be available and willing to work at least 6-8 hours a week for the duration of the programme