Following on the successful involvement from the past 2 years (see recaps from 2017 and 2016), the UN SDG Action Campaign is excited to return to the European Development Days this year in Brussels on 5-6 June, 2018.
Organized by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) is Europe’s leading forum on development since 2006. The development community comes together every year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
The United Nations stand is organized by the UN SDG Action Campaign, the UN in Brussels (25 UN entities), UNECE, UNWTO and the World Bank.
The 2018 theme of the European Development Days is: Women and Girls at the Forefront of Sustainable Development: protect, empower, invest. In line with this important theme, the United Nations stand will focus on the the Spotlight Initiative to eliminate violence against women and girls.
Come visit the United Nations at Stand 72 of the EDD village!
- Watch the Spotlight Studio dialogues: This stage will feature a series of dynamic discussions, cross-generational dialogues, and inspiring talks showcasing change-making initiatives and revolutionary solutions to key global challenges
- Sign the Declaration of Humans Rights Graffiti Wall: Share your voice on what the Universal Declaration of Human Rights means for women and girls by writing/drawing onto our “graffiti wall”
- Take a photo with our SDG wings backdrop, and also experience different SDG wings via augmented reality on your mobile phone
- Watch United Nations Virtual Reality films focusing on women and girls
- Meet the “Humans of MY World”: Through this photo exhibit, you will get the chance to “meet” individuals from around the world and learn why the SDGs are important to them. The stories will also feature infographics on the SDGs as well as excerpts from the Universal Declaration of Humans Rights.
- Have your say on the SDGs at myworld2030.org and explore the data.
- Learn more about the work of the Spotlight Initiative and all of the United Nations agencies.
Come join us at the EDDs!
Follow all of the EDD activity at @SDGaction and @UNinBrussels