Take action for the SDGs for a chance to win tickets to the first ever Global Citizen Festival in Hamburg, Germany on July 6th!
Are you or someone you know raising his voice for gender equality? Is one of your friends promoting the use of refillable water bottles and coffee cups? Every action counts to make sure that the SDGs are our reality by 2030 and together we can make it happen.
Tell us how you or a person you know are taking action to advance the Sustainable Development Goals in your community, region or city for a chance to be recognised for those efforts and win 2 tickets to the Global Citizen Festival Hamburg.
On 6th July you will be invited to see Herbert Grönemeyer, Coldplay, The Chainsmokers, Ellie Golding and many more live on stage.
How to participate:
- Like our Facebook Page
- Join the contest on the @SDGAction Facebook at: bit.ly/sdgglobalcitizen
- On the above Facebook post: Share a photo or video as a commen & tell us how you or someone you know is taking action on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Our Facebook community will chose their favourite best 17 stories of SDG Action by liking their favourite posts.
- On Friday, May 26th, the 17 entries with the most ‘likes’ will win a pair of tickets for the Global Citizen Festival in Hamburg, Germany on 6 July 2017.
- Spread the word! and let all your friends participate for a chance to spread their word on what they are doing, inspire others to follow their example and to win the tickets
Winners are responsible for any and all expenses, including, but not limited to: travel, accommodation, insurance, visa. Please see full Rules below.
Don’t miss the chance: participate
1. Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who submit valid entries at bit.ly/sdgglobalcitizen and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Valid entries must include an image + caption or a video. The UN SDG Action Campaign reserves the right to screen and moderate entries.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the UN SDG Action Campaign as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online on Facebook starting on 19 May 2017 and ending on 26 May 2017 at 16:00 CEST. All online entries must be received by 26 May 2017 at 16:00 CEST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by liking SDG Action Campaign Facebook Page and submitting a comment to the Contest Facebook post at bit.ly/sdgglobalcitizen. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the UN SDG Action Campaign.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will each receive two tickets to the Global Citizen Festival on 6 July 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all travel expenses, accommodation expenses, visa, insurance, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. The UN SDG Action Campaign will NOT provide any support in regards to visas needed to travel to the Festival. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the UN SDG Action Campaign to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of communication and outreach without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
The Global Citizen Festival is organized by Global Citizen. Any and all inquiries related to the festival itself shall be directed to Global Citizen at email@example.com.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by identifying the top 17 entries with the most Facebook ‘likes’ under the supervision of the UN SDG Action Campaign. Winner will be notified by Facebook message within five (1) days following selection of Winner. The UN SDG Action Campaign shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE UN SDG ACTION CAMPAIGN]‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (photograph, text, video), You understand and agree that the UN SDG Action Campaign, anyone acting on behalf of the UN SDG Action Campaign, and the UN SDG Action Campaign’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the UN SDG Action Campaign. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the UN SDG Action Campaign from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the UN SDG Action Campaign may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The UN SDG Action Campaign reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the UN SDG Action Campaign’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, UN SDG Action Campaign may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the UN SDG Action Campaign. The UN SDG Action Campaign reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The UN SDG Action Campaign has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different Facebook profile; fraudulent ‘likes’ of the entry from false profiles. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the UN SDG Action Campaign reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winners must also abide by the Terms & Conditions set forth by Global Citizen.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the UN SDG Action Campaign and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than 31 May 2017 at 17:00 CEST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is the UN SDG Action Campaign, in partnership with Global Citizen.
15. Facebook: The Contest hosted by the UN SDG Action Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.