World Conference Center, Bonn, Germany
In September 2015, 193 world leaders agreed to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all. We need a revolution in the way we think about international development if we are to deliver such an ambitious agenda by 2030. The Global Festival of Ideas plans to catalyse that revolution.
Join us for the Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development at the World Conference Center in Bonn from 1-3 March 2017, and be one of the first to become an active player in the world’s first ‘playable’ conference on the SDGs, exploring how they can be achieved. The Festival will bring together leading thinkers, policy-makers, civil society and activists, together with gaming experts and policy simulators.
Get involved in interactive and immersive sessions that tackle the tough choices and trade-offs in this ambitious global agenda. Together we’ll chart new thinking on the world’s biggest development challenges and mobilise key partnerships and resources to drive action now and in the future.
- High level plenary sessions, presentations, discussion and debates to share critical ideas, showcase success and hear from keynote speakers
- Real time problem-solving through policy simulations and participatory games based on interactive technology, built by expert game designers
- Innovation hubs that showcase the work of a wide variety of organisations
Together, we’ll explore some of the toughest challenges in international development along the following themes:
- Disruptors to progress: Violence, movement of people, and responses
- Inequality: Reducing inequalities, revisiting globalisation
- Sustainability and growth: Water, food, energy and green growth
…as well as critical areas for action on the SDGs – including awareness-raising, citizen engagement and partnership and collaboration.