The UN SDG Action Campaign is excited to participate in the Media for Social Impact Summit, 14 September 2017 at the UNHQ in NY. Our Global Director, Mitchell Toomey will give a keynote address regarding Action for the SDGs, and Kristin Gutekunst, Executive Producer of the UNVR project, will moderate an exciting panel: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Virtually Reporting the Realities of the SDGs.
The Media For Social Impact Summit is an annual event that unites representatives of leading media companies, advertising firms and creative agencies with high-level United Nations representatives and communication experts to highlight the power of media to drive social change and strategize campaigns around pressing global issues. Organized by the United Nations Office for Partnerships & PVBLIC Foundation, the summit showcases innovative social campaigns and movements through keynotes, interviews, case studies and roundtables and provides a unique opportunity for delegates to network and learn from the brightest minds in media and build lasting partnerships that further social progress.
We’ll be presenting with the following:
(3:30-3:40) How can the media support action on SDGs?
Mitchell Toomey, Global Director of UN SDG Action Campaign (Keynote Address)
(5.40-6.10) Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Virtually Reporting the Realities of the SDGs
VR, AR & MR are set to be mediums that effectively transform our world in the coming years. This panel will introduce VR as an impactful new tool for media. It will deep dive into the results of a successful UN integrative VR campaign and discuss how VR can democratize citizen journalism and access to training to spur activism for the SDGs through advocacy, education and training programs.
- Kristin Gutekunst, Executive Producer, UN VR, New Media & Immersive Content, UN SDG Action Campaign (Moderator)
- Frank Smyth, Executive Director, Global Journalist Security
- Dimitri Moore, Video Producer & Digital Storytelling Coach, Digital Promise Global
- Rachel Henderson, Communications Manager, Under the Net, UN Foundation
- Jessica Lauretti, Head of RYOT Studio
- Phoenix Eyre, Chief Executive Officer The Genesis Development Collaborative, Inc.